WHO ARE WE?
CrossFit Hermitage is an award-winning training facility located at 3524 Central Pike, Suite 302 and has been proudly serving the Donelson, Hermitage, and Mt Juliet communities since 2011. We offer CrossFit classes, personal training options, and online + in-person nutrition coaching.
Essentially, we run a character-development program disguised as exercise. We believe anyone can find (and improve) their inner athlete, and we use a combination of lifestyle, health, and fitness coaching to help people break down obstacles, build healthy habits, and become happier, healthier, and more productive in life.
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re an awesome coach who understands that we’re in the people business. Our athletes deserve more than just rep counters holding a clipboard, and you know the real keys to help them succeed are genuine care and connection. You know your stuff; you coach without ego; and you come with “batteries included.” Being a steward of health and active living drives your passion for constant learning and sharing, and you have something unique to contribute to our amazing and supportive community.
The right candidate will be considered for up to 20 hours of employment per week, plus revenue share to also build a solid personal training income.
TEAM MEMBER QUALITIES:
- Has led or been part of a cooperative team
- Excellent communicator who loves to work with people
- Understands and believes in CFH’s core values
- Holds a high regard for personal and professional integrity
- Committed to building a professional coaching career
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Maintains personal care and is an avid workout enthusiast
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field, but experience can override).
- 1+ year of CrossFit training at a recognized CrossFit affiliate.
- 1+ year of CrossFit coaching at a CrossFit Affiliate (Level 1 must be in good standing; Level 2 preferred).
- 2+ years in a customer-service position.
- Current First Aid / CPR certification.
- Well-versed in CrossFit methodologies, safe movement patterns, and experience working with different populations and programs including novice, injured, pregnant and post-partum athletes.
- Positive and outgoing with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead a group and command a room without ego.
- Flexibility to work as early as 5am and/or end as late as 8pm Monday-Friday + rotating Saturday availability.
- Preference given to candidates with specialty program certifications such as Mobility, Olympic lifting, Nutrition, etc.
- Effectively coach up to 10 classes a week (including rotating weekend shifts) while upholding CFH coaching standards.
- Availability for up to 8 personal training / small group sessions each month to set the right foundation for new athletes.
- Availability for one-on-one personal training sessions (paid in addition to coaching wages).
- Up to 5 hours of admin responsibilities including, but not limited to: “Back of House” hours (gym upkeep, equipment maintenance, inventory); Desk hours (athlete goal setting, new athlete interviews, consultations, membership sign-ups); Staff meetings (discussions of program design, member updates, new membership and business development)
- Actively engage in Coaches’ Facebook group + Athlete’s private Facebook group.
- Assist in organization, marketing, and execution of events, seminars, and challenges along with monthly blog and/or video content to be shared via CFH social networks.
- Maintain CrossFit Hermitage quality standards by following documented procedures (opening, closing, cleaning, attendance tracking, welcoming new members, etc).
- Follow all other terms and protocols outlined in Coaching Agreement.
Send a short video (selfie style is fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’d be the best fit to join the team and help our members reach their goals.